My Steps Start to Continue . It has been a long Year full of much sadness and melancholy but,


Joy Found Me Today

It has been many long months of melancholy and sadness since my sweet one sailed away on his little boat.

The loneliness has been a constant companion. Not even the opening of my long awaited exhibition at the Museum did not bring one note of joy, for he was not there to share.

In our many years of life together the one constant was the
of sharing and memories to build new ones with each other and our daughters. This most enduring and loved element is now gone. Though the daughters are still and will always be a part of my life, the day to day companionship is not there. Unimaginable! Yet there I am, living in a vacuum of no emotional connection to my life that still has time for?

This Morning, a note of sweet Joy came to me as I went out for my morning paper. The small sweet Mother Bird which built her nest last year in the small tree next to my front door flew out of the tree on the other side of the door. It has more foliage that last year’s tree. Peering into the thicket of the leaves and branches, behold, there it was. A new little nest, waiting to bring the gift of our Springtime to my very doorstep.

The Father Bird sings his heart out in the Pear Tree, and the sunshine once more filters through the bows of the ficus tree. Do I join him in his celebration of what is to come? Yes! His invitation cannot be ignored for without his song I would not be a part of his song of life.

The Notes are sweet and penetrate my heart’s empty places, bringing a new and Joyous song for me to sing with Him once again. My memories of last years sharing with my sweet one when he too peered into the ficus tree to see the little ones of the new year are with me, and the sharing continues…

Thank You Robert…these small notes of Joy are the beginning of the New…