The "Ten Points" of Life

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/dec/31/pennsylvania-deer-opener-no-other/

The World of Ten Points


When I was small, My Father told me about Man. He led me to the places where our small family would be safe, and told me about the glen where you never go when it is early spring or when you hear the forest noises of the Great Hunt of deadly hurt.

When you grow up he said, Man will become your enemy and will hunt for your manhood which will be beautiful with many points. You will become a great leader of your herd and will have many great battles between your kind. But you will always win these battles when they are fought with honor and courage.

Man does not know the meaning of this kind of battle. He comes with weapons of Mass Killing and does not know the meaning of Honor of the Life Battle. They pretend they are “Hunters” and will know great joy when they take your beautiful life from the Forest.

I have fought many battles for these years of Ten. I  have had the courage of my father and his wisdom of life with honor. I am now embattled from the fierce fight of my latest season. The season of Time, the season of life’s ending flight. Tis my gift to my herd.

I heal. My Head though wounded will hold my Ten Points High once more. My One Eye sees the man coming toward me. I will try to fight. Never will my courage fail. The Hunter comes again, he raises his Weapon of Mass Killing. He ends my honor, my courage, and Kills My Heart. 
The Deer Hunter